Sunday, October 14, 2007

Day 20 - Kathmandu Valley

Distance – 40kms
Max Altitude - 2200m

Riding time – 3 hours

Took the bike into the hills in a futile attempt to find the mountain bike circuit for the big race. It was great to get out of the traffic, and though I had an enjoyable ride I couldn’t find anything resembling a mountain bike circuit. At one point I ended up on a narrow, steep track and pray that this wasn’t part of the circuit as I went over the handlebars twice.

When I got back I set off on foot for the Monkey Temple about an hour’s walk away. The temple is set high on a high and offered quite an impressive view of Kathmandu (picture right). It’s nice to know my way around these streets finally and now barely need a map. I caught up with a few of the cyclists again for dinner tonight but got an early night in readiness for the 7am departure for the mountain bike race. Kim – the tour guide I’d met – took me to a medical clinic to get some antibiotics for my coldsore which is probably as off-putting to others as it’s uncomfortable for me. I also have a nasty lump on my jaw from what appears to be a bite, and hope the medication attacks all ailments.

1 comment:

Salty Dog said...

Hello from France !

A realy nice blog with fantastics pics

Salty Dog from
http://songitude.blogspot.com/