Sunday, October 14, 2007

Day 17 - The Last Resort, Nepal

Rest Day

Wokeup a bit ropey after one too many Everest beers, and took up the offer of an American group to go hiking into the hills above the resort (pictured right). It was a four-hour hike and satisfying as I’m not much of a walker. I really love it here and Nepal has already made a big impression on me. I’ve also met some great travellers here and it will be good to catch up with a few of them in Kathmandu.

Also had dinner with the same group - I actually have quite a bit in common with a few of them. The hike took the sting out of me - along with the heat - and not really looking forward to climbing back on the bike tomorrow. I also had to change tents tonight and have someone sharing with me whom I haven't met yet. Hope my stuff's OK...

No comments: